How to inspect and assess automotive damage – The Automotive Damage Assessor Training
With the increase of motor insurance premiums resulting from fraudulent claims, professional assessors who can conduct auto damage assessment and produce detailed appraisal reports are in great demand in Singapore.
The automotive damage assessor course will train and educate the learner in all aspects of automotive damage appraisals including car part terminology, the inspection approach to ensure quality in every appraisal, the recording of documentation obtained from the automobile, the proper photographing of the vehicle and the organization of the file. Learner will be trained with case study and onsite practical on how to appraise the damage, draft an appraisal report and arrive at a proper value of the vehicle. In the summative test, learner will be required to perform appraisal from scratch including photographing, documenting, arriving at a market value and drafting an appraisal report.
If you have 3 years automotive-related industry experience, this course is designed to prepare you to become a professional automotive damage assessor. Upon completion of the training, you will be able to work as auto assessor in auto workshops and insurance companies or even start your own independent automotive appraisal business!
Training mode: classroom delivery and workplace training
3hr workplace training will be conducted at automotive workshops in order to help learners transfer the knowledge and skills at real workplace
Upon completion of the course, you will be able
- To understand roles and responsibilities of damage assessor
- To follow the procedures of handling car accident settlement
- To establish vehicle damage assessment via ‘image review’
- To appraise the damage and determine the correct repair method
- To calculate repair costs and labor value
- To draft and prepare documents for claim submission
- To follow court dispute resolution process for motor accident cases
- To identify the best practices of assessing vehicle damage and comply with the codes of ethics
- Business owners or branch managers of car workshops with at least 3 years automotive-related experience
- Existing mechanics or assessor who intend to improve their skills in accessing vehicle damage with at least 3 years automotive-related experience
- Manager and staff from insurance companies who has at least 3 years automotive-related experience
Assessment fee – $160.00
Course fee – $828.00
Total Cost of Training – $988.00
A Certification of Completion will be awarded upon completion and passing of coursework assessment.